- Apply lime over betel leaves and place South Indian betel nuts (which have fragrance) on it. Also, add a little gulkand over it and consume 3 times a day to reduce indigestion.
- Apply lime and place fragrant betel nuts on betel leaves. Place ¼ spoon gulkand, 2 mint leaves, 2 Tulasi leaves, 1/8th spoon fennel seeds (saunf), 1 clove, 1 small cardamom (elaichi), 1 pinch of cumin seeds, a ½ pinch of ajwain, a ½ pinch of cinnamon powder on it. Wrap the whole thing and chew well. Suck the juice. If this is consumed once or twice a day, the whole metabolism will be repaired.
- Put 2-3 betel leaves and rose petals with a lot of fragrance in 2 glasses of water. Boil till 1 ¼ glass of water. Filter the liquid formed. Add a spoon of honey to it and consume 2-3 times a day. This is a stamina booster and stimulates digestion.
- Take 2 betel leaves and apply ½ spoon honey on it. Place 4 peppercorns and 2 diamond sugar candy on it. Chewing and sucking the juice reduces a cough. Bronchitis and sore throat also reduce. This can be done 4 times a day. The first time 4 peppercorns can be used. Other 3 times, 3-3 peppercorns can be used.
- While heating butter to form ghee, place it on slow fire. Place 1-2 betel leaves and 2 long springs of curry leaves in it. When the ghee is formed switch off the gas. Leave the leaves inside the ghee as it is and store the ghee with the leaves. This is very good for the health. If cow’s ghee is bought from the shop also, it can be melted in the slow fire and the betel and curry leaves can be slipped into it as well.
Warning: Do not add tobacco with betel leaves for consumption. Internal consumption of tobacco is injurious to health. It affects not only the mouth but also food pipe, large and small intestines and the anal passage. It might affect the other organs as well.