Garlic is well-known for its health-promoting nature. But the pungent vegetable has quite a few uses health-wise, which are lesser known.
- Garlic contains Vitamin A and C as well as antioxidants, which promote health.
- It prevents blockages in the heart by reducing the formation of LDL cholesterol and increasing the formation of HDL cholesterol. In turn this prevents heart attack.
- It also increases resistance against diseases.
- It controls cancerous cell-formation.
- Regularly having garlic prevents the formation of swelling, redness, itching, etc. on the skin.
- Drinking 2 teaspoons of garlic juice with honey daily kills unwanted worms in the stomach.
Having the above for 48 days continuously presents good results.
Contra-Indications: Pregnant women, anemics and people having aspirin regularly should consult an Ayurvedic physician before having garlic.