Here’s Vegetarian diet for Arthritis Patients (Part III), for today. Nutritionist Namrata Singh shares another recipe – Stuffed Moong Dal Chilla with Coriander Chutney.
Vegetarian diet for Arthritis Patients (Part III)
Stuffed Moong Dal Chilla with Coriander Chutney
Ingredients for the batter
– 1 cup Yellow Moong Dal (Split)
– 1 inch Ginger, finely chopped
– 2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
– Salt, to taste
– 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
– 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
– Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, finely chopped
Ingredients for the Filling
– 50 grams grated paneer
– 1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
– 1/2 cup Tomatoes, finely chopped
– 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
– 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala
1. Soak the moong dal overnight.
2. Grind moong dal along with green chilies and ginger into a smooth batter adding just enough water to grind the dal. The consistency of the batter should be similar to idli batter
3. Combine all the ingredients for the paneer filling mixture. Keep it aside.
4. Heat a non stick pan, and pour a ladle full of moong dal cheela batter in circular motion
5. Drizzle oil/ghee around the spread. Allow the moong dal cheela to cook on medium flame. Let it get crisp and then flip and cook the other side of cheela for about a minute.
6. Turn off the flame and place the moong dal cheela on a plate with the bottom side facing down. Fill about scoop of paneer filling along center diameter of cheela and fold it.