Udgeet Pranayama is one of the simplest forms of pranayamas. Inputs: Sarvesh Shashi – Founder and CEO – Zorba Yoga.
Udgeet Pranayama – Method:
- Seated in Padmasana, keep your eyes closed.
- Make sure your spine is erect.
- Breathe in deeply through your nose till your diaphragm is full of air and exhale.
- While exhaling chant the word – Om.
- Make sure to keep the sound of “O” long and the “M” short (OOOOOOOOm).
Udgeet Pranayama is the simplest pranayama amongst all of them. Repeat this for 3 to 5 minutes (if you have time). This pranayama is an excellent breathing exercise and helps cure insomnia. It helps heal acidity and helps improve memory and concentration.