Continuing with Nutritionist Namrata Singh’s article on Vegetarian diet for Arthritis Patients (Part II) where we post the recipe of Soya Pulao. Check out the first part here.
Vegetarian diet for Arthritis Patients (Part II)
Soya Pulao ( Brown Rice )
– Olive oil 1 teaspoon
– Brown Rice 1/2 cup
– Soya chunks 1/2 cup
– Curry leaves 2/3
– Onion chopped 1 medium sized
– Tomato 1 medium sized
– Garlic 3 cloves
– Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
– Bay leaves 1
– Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
– Wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes.
– Grind the garlic and whole red chillies together and keep aside.
– Cook the soya nuggets with salt and 1 cup of water in a pan for 10 mins. Drain the water and keep it aside.
– Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf and cardamom.
– When the seeds start to crackle, add the onions and prepared chili-garlic paste and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
– Add the rice and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
– Now add turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder, tomatoes, cooked soya nuggets and salt, then sauté for another 2 minutes.
– Add 2 cups of water and mix well, then cover the pan. Cook in low flame till the rice is cooked well.