Surya Bhedana Pranayama is also known as right nostril breathing. It helps in bringing heat to the body and aids digestion. It is excellent for maintaining gut health and increases metabolism. Some more benefits are given in this article. Inputs: Mr. Sarvesh Shashi – Founder and CEO – Zorba Yoga.
Surya Bhedana Pranayama Method:
- Sit comfortably in Padmasana.
- Keep head and spine erect with eyes closed.
- Shut your left nostril with your ring finger.
- Inhale slowly and deeply through your right nostril.
- Retain the breath and shut your right nostril with the thumb.
- Exhale through your left nostril while keeping your right nostril closed.
- Repeat this cycle around 5 – 10 times.