Practicing Kapalabhati Pranayama removes carbon dioxide from the lungs and helps to energize the body. People suffering from high blood pressure should consult a yoga instructor before practicing Kapalbhati Pranayama technique. Inputs: Mr. Sarvesh Shashi – Founder and CEO – Zorba Yoga.
Kapalabhati Pranayama Method:
- Start with a clear nose.
- Sit in a comfortable position with an erect spine.
- Place a hand on your lower belly, below your belly button.
- Begin a cycle of forceful exhalations by pulling the belly in and up as you breathe out.
- After 20 short exhalations pull in a long Ujjayi breath.
- Continue for 3 to 5 rounds.