Practicing Anulom Vilom Pranayama helps aid breathing related problems such as bronchitis, asthma and more. It improves the health of the lungs and also helps boost memory and manage stress. Anulom Vilom Pranayama also helps in improving the immune system and cures general issues like a cough and cold. Additional information can be had from this article. Before practicing any of the breathing techniques it’s advisable to consult a yoga instructor taking your health into consideration. Inputs: Mr. Sarvesh Shashi – Founder and CEO – Zorba Yoga.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama Method:
- Close your eyes and sit in Padmasana and rest your hands on your knees.
- Close the right nostril with the right thumb.
- Inhale slowly through the left nostril and fill the lungs with air.
- Remove your thumb from your right nostril and slowly exhale.
- After you exhale use your middle finger to close your left nostril then inhale with your right nostril and remove thumb from the right nostril then exhale.
- Repeat this process for 5 minutes.