Chandra Bhedi Pranayama is also known as left nostril breathing. It has a cooling effect on the body and helps generate a calming effect on the mind and body of the practitioner. Inputs: Sarvesh Shashi – Founder and CEO – Zorba Yoga.
Chandra Bhedi Pranayama – Method:
- Sit comfortably in Padmasana.
- Keep your head and spine erect, with eyes closed.
- Shut your right nostril with your right thumb.
- Inhale slowly through your left nostril. Inhale deeply, as well.
- For a few seconds, hold the breath and shut your left nostril with the ring finger.
- Keep your left nostril closed and exhale through the right one.
Chandra Bhedi Pranayama is excellent for people suffering from high blood pressure and is effective for heartburn and hyperacidity problems and helps in the effective functioning of the liver. The daily practice of this pranayama keeps the mind steady, reduces stress and tension.