Today, we are going to explore the topic Emotional Wellness. Eminent Psychiatrist Dr. Devendra Save explains what is emotional wellness and elucidates the signs of emotional wellness.
According to Dr. Save, “One often forgotten component of overall optimal health is our emotional health. Our feelings have important implications for how we view ourselves, our relationships and the world around us. This ability to maturely face and express these feelings can help us to meet life’s challenges without becoming overwhelmed or hopeless and without the need to dominate and force those around us. Emotional Wellness emphasizes awareness and acceptance of one’s feelings. It includes the ability to adjust to the various obstacles one may encounter in life, the development of autonomy and the ability to realistically assess one’s limitations.”
Signs of Emotional Wellness
- The ability to talk about feelings and needs.
- The ability to say ‘no’ to those things, which are not a part of your priority, without feeling guilty.
- Being content with various aspects of your life and the relationships you develop.
- Having people in your life that you care about and can call upon when in need.
- The ability to relax and take care of your needs.
- Feeling good about who you are.