Honey plays a very important role in human life. Honey bees are highly active and convert nectar from flowers to honey. In Siddha, Ayurveda and several other holistic healing methods, flowers are used for healing. Therefore, honey has important medicinal value. Honey contains a very high percentage of antioxidants and is a stamina booster.
- Some infants go on crying without any reason. At that time, the mother should cut the nails and clean her hands well. Then dry the hand naturally without using any cloth or tissue paper. Take a very small drop of honey on the tip of the middle finger and let the infant suck at the finger for some time. The child will either go to sleep or begin to play in a good mood.
- Obese and weak people can use this recipe. Take one spoon honey, ½ spoon lemon juice, ¼ spoon ginger juice and 1/8th spoon mixture of pepper and cinnamon powder. Mix this into one glass of lukewarm water and drink.
- Some women feel weak sometimes. At that time, add a little honey to a bowl of mixed fruits and have.
- Small children and some adults cannot consume medicines in powder or tablet form. For their benefit tablets can be powdered and the powder can be mixed with honey for consumption.
- During rainy season and winters, some people tend to catch a cold. Mainly people afflicted with sinusitis get this ailment fast. They can have South Indian pepper rasam or goddu saar. Lukewarm rasam can be mixed with ½ spoon of honey and consumed. This controls wet cough formation.
- If you have a wet cough in lungs despite precautions, take ½ spoon ginger powder, 1/8th spoon pepper powder and mix it with ½ spoon honey. Take this mixture with lukewarm water twice a day. You will find some difference within 3 days.