Continuing with the recipes for kids with tantrums, we are posting 2 of them today. Kejal Sheth, Nutritionist, Weight Management Expert and Founder of Nutrivity.in has shared them with us.
Palak Paneer Rolls
For palak rolls:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ ginger
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic
- Salt as needed
- 1 green chilly (optional)
- ¼ tsp jeera powder
- 1 to 2 tbsp water to blend
- Oil for kneading
- Ghee for roasting
For the stuffing:
- 1 cup crumbled paneer
- ½ tsp oil
- ½ tsp jeera powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 ripe tomato pureed
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- Salt as needed
- Few onion slices and carrots (optional)
- Wash palak with water and make puree from it.
- Add the seasoning well.
- Transfer it to mixing bowl along with whole wheat flour and knead the dough with some oil and water as needed.
- Heat the pan, add the seasoning and tomato puree.
- Add the crumbled paneer and mix well.
- Cook well and keep aside.
- Make rotis out of the dough.
- Add the stuffing in each roti.
- Roll the rotis.
- Cook on both side on low flame.
- Serve with ketchup.
- 1/2 cup baby corn`
- 1/2 cup Broccoli
- 1/2 cup Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum)
- 1 Fresh Red Chilly
- 1 Tablespoon Coarsely ground Peanuts
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cornflour dissolved in 2 Tablespoon water
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Salt To Taste
- Any vegetables of your choice can be taken.
- Cut all the vegetables into cubes.
- Blanch Broccoli and baby corn and strain them.
- Mix soy sauce, salt, sugar and lemon juice in cornflour dissolved in water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and add finely chopped fresh red chillis, peanuts, bell peppers and paneer.
- Add blanched veggies and lightly toss on high flame.
- Add corn flour mixture and toss again.
- As soon as cornflour mixture thickens to a sauce consistency and coats the veggies, switch off the flame.
- Serve hot.
To be continued…