We all get stuck sometimes, but the question is, how do we move through it? How do we keep going when the odds seem to be stacked up against us and all we may want to do is quit? But – Will Giving Up Work? Eminent Psychiatrist Dr. Devendra Save clears the air.
Will Giving Up Work?
Dr. Save says, “The answer is, sometimes all we have to do is take a pause and connect back with ourselves. While living this very interesting game called ‘life’, we get so involved in achieving that when things don’t go our way or as planned, we feel overwhelmed. Some of us also feel like giving up at this moment. It is during times like these that we have to hold back from quitting, ground ourselves back in the present and re-connect with ourselves and our true purpose.”
So, take a pledge that when you feel like quitting, you will:
- Acknowledge that this is hard.
- Remind yourself why it is important for yourself.
- Ask for help.
- Give yourself time or break when needed.
- Acknowledge the work you have done.
- Check to see if it still lines up with your goals.