We tend to waste the sugar syrup that remains after all the gulab jamuns are eaten. We are A Journalist Reveals think it can be made to good use, so we share some tips on how to reuse the syrup as follows:
- Take 3 parts of maida, 1 part rice flour. Add some salt and a little ghee (clarified butter). Make the batter into small balls and fry them in oil. Warm the sugar syrup a little. When the fried maida balls are added to the lukewarm sugar syrup, they form a delightful snack.
- Roast puffed rice (kurmura or thick poha, either will do) lightly and add it to lukewarm syrup to form another delicious snack.
- Likewise the sev (farsan) from the sweets shop can be added to lukewarm sugar syrup to form another snack.
- Remove the brown skin of peanuts and roast lightly. When added to lukewarm sugar syrup again you get another snack, everybody will love.
- Mix puffed rice (kurmura), peanuts and chickpeas (chana) and roast lightly. Again when added to lukewarm syrup, the mixture makes a great snack.