By Ashu Gupta
Oats Chilla is easy to prepare and cook and can be made without the use of any medium (oil or ghee or butter). Kids are going to love this delicious treat and it is a healthy and super nutritious dish for everyone. Best for breakfast or light dinners, it has a high protein and fibrous delicacy that your kids are sure to enjoy.
Oat flakes – 100 gms
Rice bran (optional) – 50 gms
Plain Curd (non-fat) – 150 to 200 gms
Assorted Vegetables – Onion, capsicum, cabbage, tomatoes and all that you wish.
Crushed black peppers – a little
Salt – to taste
Cooking medium (optional) – Oil/Ghee/Butter
Fresh coriander leaves – finely chopped for garnish
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and mix it well. The consistency should be like that of a dosa batter. Neither thick nor thin.
- Allow the mixture to rest for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a hot tawa or pan. If you are using non-stick, you will not need any cooking medium as the curd will release its natural oils.
- On the heated tawa spread a little mixture in a circle with a ladle like we prepare dosa.
- Cook of a minute until it turns golden brown in colour. Turn the Oats Chilla over to cook on the other side too.
- Transfer it to a plate and serve it hot with fresh mint chutney and garnish with finely chopped coriander.
Since the batter is made of curd, it will be very soft and might break while turning sides on the tawa. Do it carefully and slowly.
About Ashu Gupta:
Ashu Gupta is the founder of Ashu Gupta’s Diet Clinic and an acclaimed dietician and nutritionist.